Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Firefox sync server on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian: Update. One step install

This is my one step install for weave-minimal.  Originally for Raspbian, it seams to work on kubuntu as well.

In my previous post I documented a way to get a Firefox sync server running on a Raspberry Pi.  After some re-working of things I started that system over and discovered that I'd made a few mistakes in my documentation.  Rather then make the same mistakes again, I re-documented in the a form that guarantees, that all the steps are tested and working.  Here's my bash install script that I used to re-install the weave-minimal server on my clean copy of Raspbian .


Download complete script from here:


After installing, on the Pi,

 I went to Tools/Sync and entered the following:


(Incidently, the server is the ip address of the my Pi.  I use dhcp address reservation on to assign it the same address every time.)

after clicking next I was rewarded with

2 comments:

  1. Hello John! Trying to replicate this. Which version of Firefox did you use to test? Have you tried this with Firefox 29, Sync-1.5 Server and the rPi?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used several versions of Firefox including 29 on windows. Weave-minimal 1.5 and a Pi revision b, at turbo speed. Also have it syncing to android as well.

    What are problems or symptoms you are seeing?

    ReplyDelete